As promised, here is another healthy gluten-free school lunch idea. For an introduction to my son’s take on healthy gluten-free school lunches, check out my introduction here. So far, we are hanging in there. Hopefully you and your little ones are too
1. Raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) and sunflower seeds – I prefer raw nuts and seeds in order to avoid added oils or salt, and to get the most nutritionally (some nutrients break down during cooking). My kids are used to having raw seeds/nuts and they tolerate them well. Check the labels on your roasted nuts or trail mix, you may be surprised.
2. My own Chocolate Coconut Balls (check out the recipe here).
3. Organic baby carrots for dipping.
4. Individual packet of Tribe® hummus. I am a big fan of the single servings of hummus because they are easier to throw into the lunch box, but I’d like to get better at making my own so I can control ingredients. It’s amazing how impossible it is to find salad dressing or hummus with only olive oil (as intended) and not soybean or canola oil.
5. Mary’s Gone Crackers® Sea Salt Pretzels. I love the ingredients in all of Mary’s products. These pretzels are organic, non-gmo, vegan, and contain no starches or oils.