Mexican inspired food is an easy “go-to” for gluten-free families. It is quick, easy, and most dishes are already gluten-free. This recipe can be used in tacos, on top of salads, in quesadillas, enchiladas; the list goes on and on. I usually make a batch of this chicken, then freeze half for another time. This recipe is fantastic, but I am almost embarrassed to post it on my blog because it is so ridiculously easy. However, my family and friends ask about it all the time.
My family does taco night often. Usually, I will make a batch of this chicken, then line up a variety of toppings for everyone to create their own personal taco. I usually put out shredded romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado slices, sliced olives, and black beans. You can make it into a meal by adding a Spanish rice or, even better, a Spanish quinoa.
For those of you who haven’t thought of this already, here is my 2 ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 -2 lb bloneless chicken breast
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (16 oz will do)
- Add chicken breast to slow cooker and add the salsa until the chicken is just covered (you may need more or less than 16 oz, depending on the size of your slow cooker and how much chicken you are using).
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- After 4.5 hours, shred the chicken with 2 forks, then cook for the additional ½ hour.
- Use in your favorite Mexican dish!